Unless you’re superhuman, you may not have been born with superb golfing skills like the rest of us.
With that being said, getting the hang of properly swinging the golf club may not come as natural to you as you would hope.
Does this sound familiar? Swing. Miss. Swing. Dig up the green. Swing. Flies to the left. Swing. Flies to the right. Swing. Got it! But then the next time you go to hit the steps repeat themselves.
So what do you do?
- You can always get lessons. Highly recommended! What better way to learn how to improve your swings than to have someone observing you and teaching you all the fundamentals?
- Make sure your clubs fit you! Having clubs which are too short or too long can really impact your body positioning which will impact the direction the ball takes flight when you finally hit it 😉
- Speaking of body, remember that the power of your swing comes from your entire body, not just your arms. Focusing on swinging with your body will help you become more consistent and have more control over the depth of your shot.
- Even though your body controls the power, don’t forget you have arms and let them bend or “chicken wing” after you make contact. Follow through with your swing. Commit to the end.
- Practice, just like we’ve been told since we were younger. If you want to improve your swing, it may take you a few games to catch on, understand your body positioning and start to gain consistency.
- Have fun and remember that everyone starts somewhere.